Saturday, May 29, 2010

New painting study

I know, I've still got all of those other pieces to finish!
The last few weeks have just been insane so I've not had many chances to get down to the studio. I'm playing with ideas, instead, like this one.

Here's something I've begun to notice: In my traditional work before now I always painted landscapes or figures. Now, in this new more illustrative work, I paint surreal landscapes or figures. I'm not sure why I didn't catch that before.

Lots to do with this. It has to do with letting go of wonderful things in our past and continuing on.
Or, it's how our dogs are wiser than we are.

2 comments:

Jessie Jordan said...

I'm diggin' the colors.. it looks like right after the sun has set. also kind of looks like this spot at the Patapsco national park. have you been there?

Colin Campbell said...

Thanks, Jessie! I've not, but I'd like to see it. I looked it up and it sounds like a great dog-hiking trip.